- iBRAiN is an acronym for image-Based RNAi and was developed as a middle ware between image analysis software, content management of siRNA libraries, the storage of large sets of microscopy images, the distribution of computation jobs on large computer clusters, and the harvesting and visualization of obtained results.
- iBRAIN2 is an automated workflow management system for data processing. It is suitable for robust, parallel processing of the large data volumes encountered in high-content screening and other data-rich biological analysis techniques.
- The system is being actively developed by SyBIT with a primary focus on supporting image-based RNAi-screens, but it can also be used for other data types. iBRAIN2 takes data from the initial quality assessment of the raw microscopy images, through feature extraction and classification, up to statistical analysis and visualisation. iBRAIN2 enables the safe storage of large data volumes, the execution of analysis jobs on high-performance computing resources (cluster computing), and the collection and storage of results.
InfectX RTD, SystemsX.ch
Dehio Group, Biozentrum, University of Basel
Light Microscopy Centre, ETH Zürich
Pelkmans Group, University of Zürich
Proteomics Core Facility of the Biozentrum, University of Basel (automated processing of mass spectra)
- Automated Workflow Management System
- Parallel robust processing of large-scale screens
- Support for many users and projects
- User-friendly web interface, useful feedback messages
- Flexible configuration and deployment
- http://www.sybit.net/pdfs/IBRAIN.pdf (Poster)